Opportunity starts with you.
All 2018 scholarship applications must be received by March 15, 2018.
THE KALEIDOSCOPE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
Scholarship Program Objectives:
Kaleidoscope TFBC supports programs focused on enrichment, education, and wholesome entertainment for the youth of Fort Bend County. It is a powerful mission that was launched to provide a safe haven of positive growth for all children and youth who may visit or live in our regional area. Kaleidoscope TFBC promotes the importance of higher education through its merit scholarship by:
- awarding scholarships to High School seniors striving for excellence by pursuing a post-secondary education
- rewarding high scholastic achievement
- encouraging Fort Bend County and surrounding area graduating seniors who have demonstrated commitment to community service through active participation in civic, community and/or church ministries and activities
- promoting a spirit of high ethical standards and principles demonstrated through student accomplishments in and out of the school setting.
The scholarship selection process is competitive. Students must complete the online application, provide three letters of recommendation, provide a transcript, and participate in an interview with the selection panel. Each scholarship recipient will be awarded a scholarship in the amount of $1,500 each. The participant criteria for the scholarships are as follows:
- Be a resident of, or attend a high school within the service area of Kaleidoscope TFBC which is determined by its Board of Directors
- Graduating Senior 2018 (before June 25)
- Must have at least 2.75 un-weighted GPA
- Apply to and enroll in an accredited 4-year college or university
Letters of Recommendation
Each applicant must submit three letters of recommendation.
- One of the three letters must be from an adult from the student’s school, i.e. teacher, counselor, principal, etc.
- One of the three letters must be from an adult from a community, civic or church organization that has first-hand knowledge of the student’s character and participation in service activities, i.e. scout leader, pastor, mentor, etc.
- The third letter may be from an adult of the student’s choosing.
Letters cannot be written by relatives. All letters should be signed and sealed by the author. The letters may be mailed directly to Kaleidoscope TFBC by the author in a sealed envelope.
- February 01, 2018 - Application available online
- March 15, 2018 - All online applications complete, letters & official transcripts must be physically received on or before
- April 7, 2018 – Compulsory Candidate Interviews
- TBD May 2018 - Awards Reception and Recognition of all 2018 Scholarship Recipients
All online applications must be completed no later than March 15, 2018 at midnight. All transcripts and letters of recommendation must be received by 6 pm on March 15, 2018. Any submissions received after this date will be considered ineligible (postmarks will not be considered).
Candidates may request their school administrator and/or letter authors to mail/deliver items directly to the Kaleidoscope Foundation. Alternatively, candidates may gather letters and transcript personally and mail/deliver the complete package included in a sealed envelope.
Mail letters/transcripts to: Physically deliver letters/transcripts to:
Kaleidoscope Merit Scholarship The Fort Bend Church
ATTN: 2018 Scholarship Committee or 2018 Kaleidoscope Merit Scholarship Committee
P.O. 3269 1900 Eldridge Road
Sugar Land, TX 77487- 3269 Sugar Land, TX 77478-2506
Please note the church office hours:
Mon – Thurs 10 am – 6 pm
Friday 10 am – 2 pm
All candidates MUST complete the interview before a panel of judges on the scheduled date of Saturday, April 7, 2018. The interviews will be conducted at The Fort Bend Church in Sugar Land (address above) from 9am to 2pm. Candidates MUST make themselves available on this date and time. Interview appointment times will be randomly assigned and communicated to candidates 2 weeks prior. An alternate date for interviews may be considered by the scholarship committee ONLY in very extenuating circumstances with sufficient notice and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.